Expert Flat Roof Repair, Replacement and Installation in Oklahoma City, Edmond & Nearby Areas
The tools for the job. The challenge of sealing seams in flat roofing materials is sometimes met with the flame from a heat gun.
Trusted residential and commercial flat roofing in OK
It’s often hard to decide what type of flat roof is best for your building. Some flat roofing treatments are equally suitable for new construction or re-roofing applications, but some are not. Some kinds of flat roofing materials offer advantages in large-scale commercial projects, but cause problems on smaller residential roofs. Factors to consider include energy performance, maintenance requirements, and installation costs.
The trusted professionals at Mallard Construction & Roofing offer services such as flat roof repair and maintenance as well as flat roof installations for commercial, industrial and residential customers. Mallard Construction & Roofing has an experienced team of roofers who can help you select the right type of roof for your home or commercial building, or evaluate your existing flat roof to suggest the proper repairs.
Call 1-855-201-9749 or click below to schedule an appointment for a free estimate. We proudly serve in Norman, Edmond, Oklahoma City and surrounding Oklahoma areas.
Mallard Construction & Roofing contractors have installation expertise
It's important to hire an experienced contractor because even the best roofing materials will fail if they are not properly installed. You need to hire a contractor with the resources necessary to do a quality roof installation: a courteous, well-trained crew; proper equipment and tools to do the job; and experience with the roofing material you wish to install.
These descriptions will provide some guidance to help you know with roofing material will be best for your home:
Commercial and residential flat roof applications
- Built-up roofing (BUR) is a trusted solution. This “old-school” flat roof treatment involves the application of roofing felt (tar paper) and asphalt-based roofing tar, often in multiple layers. A top layer of gravel or a reflective coating is required to cut down on heat gain and improve durability. Maintenance and repair work usually call for more felt and coating layers to be applied. Over time, this adds weight to the roof and increases the mess and expense of its eventual removal. Though BUR remains an economical option, it can’t compete with more modern flat roofing materials in terms of low maintenance, light weight and durability.
- Modified bitumen is ideal for residential & small-scale commercial flat roofs. Because it comes in 3-ft.-wide rolls, modified bitumen roofing is easy to handle and apply. Basically, you roll out the material so that seams overlap. Seams can be fused with a torch or sealed with special adhesive. The roof surface gets a reflective coating for durability and reduced heat absorption.
- EPDM roofing has a successful history. Despite its exotic chemical derivation, ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM for short) has the look and feel of an everyday rubber inner tube. EPDM comes in large rolls and is well-suited to application over any large, flat roof surface, providing the substrate is clean and uniform. The flexible rubber material is glued to the roof substrate and to adjacent EPDM sections (Installation with mechanical fasteners is also possible). An EPDM roof can easily last 20 years with minimal maintenance, but its dark tone absorbs a tremendous amount of heat. To prolong the life of this single-ply roof and reduce cooling costs, a reflective top coating is essential. Alternatively, you can pay extra for EPDM membrane with a white top layer.
- PVC roofing is effective and cost-efficient. This single-ply roofing material is made from polyvinyl chloride, the same high-performance plastic used in plumbing pipes. Like EPDM, PVC is most frequently used on larger commercial roofing jobs. Seams between PVC sheets are welded together with a specially designed heat gun. The resulting membrane is impermeable to moisture, with excellent durability. Because PVC roofing is naturally white, it has excellent heat-reflective qualities without any coating or extra treatment.
- TPO roofing is the affordable, single-ply option. TPO is short for thermo-plastic olephine, the chemical composition of this fabric-like roofing material. TPO represents a newer roofing technology that’s still being refined by different manufacturers. The material comes in rolls of different sizes, making it suitable for a variety of flat roof projects. It can be installed with adhesives, mechanical fasteners or heat welding. Like EPDM and PVC roofing, TPO requires a clean, uniform substrate; it can’t be installed directly over existing roofing material. Although TPO usually costs less than EPDM or PVC, it doesn’t yet have the same track record of proven performance.
- Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) does it all: roofing, flashing & insulation. Instead of tearing off an old flat roof, SPF technology enables a contractor to spray on a continuous layer of high-density foam that seals leaks, bridges gaps and forms a waterproof barrier - even around roof penetrations like vent stacks. As a bonus, the cured foam layer has good insulation value, helping to reduce heating and cooling costs. Building owners who want to avoid the mess, disruption and expense of tearing off an old flat roof often find SPF roofing their best option. Once cured, the foam is coated with a sealant that protects against ultraviolet degradation.
We offer free estimates for any of our quality flat roof services
The trusted professionals at Mallard Construction & Roofing are experienced in a wide range of flat roof services for commercial, residential and industrial buildings in Oklahoma City, Edmond, Norman, Lawton, Yukon, Duncan, Stillwater, Shawnee, Sapulpa, Sand Springs and nearby towns and cities. It doesn't matter if you are looking for flat roof repair, or installing a new roof; our professionals will inspect your building, go over all of your options with you, and answer any questions you may have. We at Mallard Construction & Roofing take the time to make sure that you are able to make an informed decision when it comes to protecting your home or business.
Do you need a flat roof replacement, repair, or installation? Give us a call at 1-855-201-9749 or send us an email to get a free quote!
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.